Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The world’s end is coming ?

If one reads the headlines in the news today (Japan's earthquake and nuclear crisis, unrest in Libya and Syria), you would think that the naysayers are right - world's end is coming soon.   I read it might come in 2012?

Well, I actually have heard about the world's doom and gloom prediction every few years, beginning when I heard it from my grandma when I was in my teens.  I was so scared then, and started praying so hard.   It also spooked out my family that we had a rosary, holy water and candles in the rooms in case the earth is covered in total darkness.  Well, I now have a family of my own and world is still spinning day in and day out.   I mean, who can really tell when the world will end?

We can live in fear and get paralyzed into inaction and negative end-of-the-world-thoughts, if we allow gloom and doom predictions to prevail our life.    I am amuse to read that business is brisk with survival kits and things in preparation for next year.   The funniest I have heard is someone building an ark like what Noah did to survive the 2012 end of the world event. 

For me, end of the world or not, we live each day to the best that we can, and leave our worries and cares to the God Above.

"Every evening I turn my worries over to God. He's going to be up all night anyway." 
-Mary C. Crowley

Tell me if you guys believe that the world is coming to an end by 2012 and I am crazy not to believe it.  




Photo credit:   http://www.drg-photography.com/2009/08/11/a-black-rock/

4 comments:

  1. My daughter and I talked about this recently and I explained to her that is something that we will not know. I prefer to live like your blog post, we can live the best we can and let God handle the rest. I think sometimes media or some sites like to play into our fears without any factual information. I choose not to believe everything I read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Tina. Some people are gullible enough to believe it, and some people are shrewd enough to make a business out of it. Take care and see you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amazing topic, nice point of view

    ReplyDelete

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!