Tuesday, February 15, 2011

No one more deserving than you

Who is your biggest fan ?

It always surprises me when I hear people put themselves down or sell themselves short when we are discussing about doing something new or undertaking a challenging activity.   Not that I think I am superwoman or a genius or even a fearless woman with no insecurities.


On the contrary, I have personal challenges but negative talk about myself, internally and externally is something I am careful to never do.    I have learned over the years,  that much as I am blessed to have my family and friends who care for me, no one is going to look out for me 24/7 and 100%  intensity all the time... than me.


I am not talking about bragging and showing off to other people how great or awesome you are.   I am sure you are. What I am referring to is respecting yourself first and foremost.   Loving and believing in yourself and your abilities, and gracefully making amends when you are at fault.  Remember that people will respect you, the way you respect yourself.

Even though we have our family and friends as our cheerleaders in life,


the no. 1 fan of yourself is still ......   you.


"You can search throughout the entire universe for someone who is more deserving of your love and affection than you are yourself, and that person is not to be found anywhere.  You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe deserve your love and affection."



Quote:  Buddha


Picture credit:  http://apod.nasa.gov/apod/ap110127.html

No comments:

Post a Comment

I try my best to reciprocate comments and visits.
I allow anonymous comments if you have difficulty posting them. Thank you & have a good day!!!